[dnsdist] [EXT] Re: Re: How to list all entries in cache?

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon Sep 2 07:30:14 UTC 2024

Hi,

On 30/08/2024 03:22, jiang-wd at 139.com wrote:
> I've tested PacketCache:dump, but can not find response infomation.

Right, there is indeed only a summary of the cached entries, and the
whole content is not dumped. I'm afraid there is currently no way to
retrieve the content. It might be a bit tricky to dump it to a file
since DNS messages contain binary content, what are you looking for
exactly? I guess we would need some kind of framing (protocol buffer,
perhaps? That would be consistent with DNSTAP and our own remote logging
format). Please feel free to open a feature request on our GitHub [1],
and even a pull request if you are willing to write a bit of C++ :)

[1]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose