[dnsdist] DNSdist 1.7.4 released

Erik Winkels erik.winkels at open-xchange.com
Fri Apr 14 11:53:13 UTC 2023

Hello!

We are very happy to release DNSdist 1.7.4 today, a maintenance release fixing a few bugs reported since 1.7.3:

- Single-SOA XFR responses were not properly handled (#12100)
- Incoming DNS flags were not properly recorded in the ring buffer on a timeout (#12529)
- In SetEDNSOptionAction the extended rcode, EDNS version and DO bit could be misread (#11729)
- Also reconnect UDP sockets on ENETUNREACH (#11830 Asgeir Storesund Nilsen)
- The TCP d_queued counter could overflow in some cases (#12365)
- The number of concurrent queries to a TCP backend could be off by one (#11718)
- Health-check timeout computation for DoH backend was sometimes incorrect (#12327)
- RCodeAction hits did not properly update rcode-related metrics (#12484)
- Cosmetic issue in 'showServers' (#12535)
- JSON strings containing binary data were not always properly encoded by the webserver (#12260)
- Ignore unclean TLS session shutdown with OpenSSL 3 (#12237)
- Invalid OCSP files should not prevent DNSdist from starting (#12421)
- And finally a few build issues: #12183 #12460 #12569 (Sander Hoentjen)

Christof Chen also added a new 'getPoolNames' function, returning a list of pool names.

Please see the DNSdist website[1] for the more complete changelog[2] and the current documentation.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub[3].

We are immensely grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs, issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and implementations of features.

The release tarball[4] and its signature[5] are available on the downloads website, and packages for several distributions are available from our repository[6].

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.7.4
[3]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose
[4]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/dnsdist-1.7.4.tar.bz2