[dnsdist] dnsdist 1.8, change of behavior for dynamic blocks

Jacob Bunk Nielsen jbn at one.com
Fri Apr 14 06:25:53 UTC 2023


Just a heads up, we run an auth DNS service and I noticed after we 
upgraded to dnsdist 1.8 that we have started blocking a lot more based 
on a dynamic block rule defined as:

dbr:setRCodeRate(DNSRCode.REFUSED, N, X, 'Exceeded REFUSED response 
rate', Y)

This is what the metrics look like from around the upgrade time: 
https://allg.one/bvLn - I suspect that the rule above have now started 
working as intended.

Best regards,


More information about the dnsdist mailing list