[dnsdist] anycast and TCP

Jahanzeb Arshad jahanzeb at nayatel.com
Tue Apr 4 04:26:10 UTC 2023

We are running dnsdist with anycast routing for over two years now with
a customer base of over 200K corporate and residential broadband
subscribers. We are using this for 6 different data center locations. We
are using dnsdist as load balancer with FRR (https://frrouting.org/) to
run BGP with our IP gateways.

Anycast is layer 3 routing. It is transparent of upper layers (UDP/TCP).
Anycast gives you IP reachability to the nearest node.

Regards
*Jahanzeb Arshad*