[dnsdist] add TXT response to every query?

Mark E. Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Thu May 19 15:41:21 UTC 2022

Hi folks, working on a development stage resolver project that is using
dnsdist to route queries to various backends depending on TLD.

I'd like to be able to open early access to the resolver outside our
network but when the project eventually launches the IPs will changes.

In the meantime I'm thinking of sending a TXT record back alongside
every response that simply says "This is a test implementation do not
use in production" sort of alert.

I'm thinking it would be something to do with DNSAction.Spoof but I
don't know how to make it happen with every query, instead of being the
singular action on a query.

- mark

--
Mark E. Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
Co-founder & CEO easyDNS Technologies Inc.

/"Never expect a thing you do not want,
and never desire a thing you do not expect."
-- Bob Proctor /