[dnsdist] dnsdist NOTIFY distribution to several slaves

Winfried Angele winfried.angele at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:58:35 UTC 2021

On 18.03.21 15:25, Stefan.Becker at t-systems.com wrote:
 > Does that mean TeeAction is an additional action that is processed
additionally to the "normal" distribution of a query? Say dnsdist is
configured with one pool of servers. When using TeeAction does that mean
an incoming Notify is send to the pool and also to the IPs configured
within the TeeAction?

Yes, "Subsequent rules are processed after this action"

 > In addition to being able to use TeeActions, I had in mind to define
a dedicated pool to which notifications are sent (based on checking the
OpCode). To do this, you would most likely have to write a few lines of
Lua code. Would this be an alternative solution? What do you think?

I don't know, sorry. I'm also not sure I understood the question
correctly. Apart from TeeAction, a query can only be forwarded to one
server of a pool. This is possible out-of-the-box with a Rule and a
PoolAction. What would be the purpose of the mentioned Lua script? Do
you mean send multiple Notifies from a LuaAction? Then I don't know.

Winfried