[dnsdist] cache dnsdist not working for my setup

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon Feb 8 08:13:12 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2/8/21 7:09 AM, Jacob Bunk Nielsen via dnsdist wrote:
> On 07/02/2021 20.19, SAMI RAHAL via dnsdist wrote:
>> Thank you Jacob
>> I installed version 1.5
>> when I try to access the console with the sudo dnsdist command
>> I have the following error:
>> Fatal error: binding socket to Server_IP: 53: Address already in use.
>
> Did you remember to stop dnsdist 1.3 before upgrading?

Note that if you are trying to access the console, not start the daemon,
you should be running "dnsdist -c" and dnsdist should not be trying to
listen to any port. Are you sure you did not forget the "-c" part?

> It's been a long time since I ran 1.3, and I don't remember if there
> were any caveats of the 1.3->1.4 upgrade except many types getting new
> names.

I don't think so, but the upgrade guide [1] should know.

[1]: https://dnsdist.org/upgrade_guide.html#x-to-1-4-0