[dnsdist] cache dnsdist not working for my setup

Jacob Bunk Nielsen jbn at one.com
Mon Feb 8 06:09:12 UTC 2021

Hi

On 07/02/2021 20.19, SAMI RAHAL via dnsdist wrote:
> Thank you Jacob
> I installed version 1.5
> when I try to access the console with the sudo dnsdist command
> I have the following error:
> Fatal error: binding socket to Server_IP: 53: Address already in use.

Did you remember to stop dnsdist 1.3 before upgrading?

What's listening on port 53?

"sudo netstat -nlp | grep ':53'" can probably give you a good hint.

It's been a long time since I ran 1.3, and I don't remember if there
were any caveats of the 1.3->1.4 upgrade except many types getting new
names.

Best regards,

Jacob