[dnsdist] [Pdns-announce] Second release candidate for dnsdist 1.4.0

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon Sep 2 11:53:59 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We are very happy to announce the second release candidate of the 1.4.0
version of dnsdist.

This version adds one experimental feature, the ability to look into a
Key-Value store like CDB or LMDB and to route a query based on the
result of this lookup.
It also makes it possible to require a minimum TLS version for DNS over
TLS and DNS over HTTPS, and to send custom HTTP responses even for
queries received on the DoH port that are valid HTTP queries but not
necessarily valid DoH queries.

Note that starting with 1.4.0-rc2, our packages are now built against
the latest 2.2.6 version of libh2o, fixing several remote denial of
service issues (CVE-2019-9512, CVE-2019-9514 and CVE-2019-9515).

We want to thank everyone that contributed to the testing of the beta
release, and invite you to contribute to the testing of this release
candidate!

Please see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2]
and the current documentation.

Release tarballs [3] are available on the downloads website.

Several packages are also available on our repository [4].

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.4.0-rc2
[3]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/dnsdist-1.4.0-rc2.tar.bz2
[4]: https://repo.powerdns.com/