[dnsdist] SNMP Support

Brian Sullivan brian.sullivan at lookout.com
Mon Nov 25 15:38:30 UTC 2019

Hi,
Thanks for the responses.
I am trying to build dnsdist on ubuntu 16.04.
I am following the directions from https://dnsdist.org/install.html for
Installing from Source/From Tarball.
I installed boost, lua and editline.
When I run configure I get the following error

checking which Lua implementation to use... auto
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
checking for LUA... no
configure: error: No Lua not found, but is mandatory

lua does exist in /usr/local/lib/liblua.a

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
brian

--

Brian M. Sullivan
Senior Staff Security Intelligence Engineer