[dnsdist] dnsdist - choosing CPU for a new server

Aleš Rygl ales at rygl.net
Thu May 3 06:43:44 UTC 2018

Hi all,

It looks like that even in these days when everything is running in a
virtual environment I will get a new physical hardware (!) for dnsdist
servers. So I would have a question related to CPU selection. Is it
better to have rather more CPU cores or less cores with running on
higher frequency?

I am running dnsdist on an old X5550 at 2.67GHz, 2 CPU, 16 cores with
hyperthreading in total and I can get something about 100kqps with CPU
load about 75%. My target is 500-600kqps

Thanks

BR

Ales