[dnsdist] dnsdist and protobuf support for DnstapLogAction

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Jun 27 15:44:29 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

On 06/27/2018 03:23 PM, Ambauen  Daniel (ID NET) wrote:
> does anybody know if the dnsdist version 1.3.x from https://repo.powerdns.com
> is built with protobuf support?

I haven't checked our packages for all versions of every distribution we
support, but I believe we build most if not all of them with protobuf
support enabled, yes.

Please note however that contrary to our own "native" protobuf format
(RemoteLogAction()) that requires only protobuf support,
DnstapLogAction() also requires FSTRM support, which I'm not sure we
have enabled in our packages yet. If you let us know which specific
version of which distribution you are planning to use, I should be able
to check.

Bets regards,