[dnsdist] setAuto() healthchecks

Thib D thibmac0241 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:15:18 UTC 2017

Hello Remi,

I think the issue here is that when you issue setAuto() on a backend,
> dnsdist will use the previous known state until the next health check

Exactly, it means that it could show a wrong state for a second (IIRC
because the healthchecks are set to run every second )

This looks wrong to me, and I just opened a PR [1] that sets the backend
> state to down when a setAuto() is issued. It means the backend will stay
> down until the next heath check, as it does when it is first added.
> Let me know if it solves your issue or if I didn't understand it correctly.

In this case, this would be solving our issue.

But does it means you would be considering a server as "down"  everytime
you use setAuto() ? What if the server is actually up ?

Thanks for your answer and for opening the PR,

Best regards.

Thibaud D.