[dnsdist] How to save the configuration file

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Jun 29 07:34:25 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

On 06/29/2016 04:07 AM, dbgong wrote:
> I added some rules via dnsdist client.
> And I want to save all the config to disk.
> I have read all the lua functions in http://dnsdist.org/README
> But I can't find any way to save the latest config.
> Is there any function to do this?

I'm afraid there isn't, but you could use the delta() function. It gives
you all the commands that have been entered via the console and changed
the configuration. You should then be able to get the relevant commands
into your configuration file.

The main reason we don't offer a function to save the running
configuration directly is that our use of Lua, while offering tremendous
possibilities, is making it hard to serialize the configuration.

Kind regards,