[dnsdist] [Pdns-users] pdns+dnsdist+safe-browsing - easy questions

Alejandro Adroher Mellado alejandro.adroher at omniaccess.com
Fri Apr 29 10:17:24 UTC 2016

Hi guys!!

I'm starting with powerdns safe-browsing and I can say it's amazing!!
Just my alpha version ... but it's working.

I have some questions and maybe some of you can put me in the right way.

- I need to integrate all the functions I want (block social media, block advertising, one exception to all rules...), on the same script?
- on lua ... when you use the print function, where were printed? I can't find it! (sorry for that)
- When the recursor replies back a SERVFAIL to the dnsdist, how can we keep the original customer ip on "Sending SERVFAIL to ..."???
- There is some special configuration we need between dnsdist and powerdns that I need to know or take care to keep the proper functioning of all (pdns+dnsdist+safe browsing)

I'm really happy to have this technology available to be used, I'm sure that we are going to implement it on our environment.

Thanks a lot family.