[dnsdist] dnsdist 1.0.0 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne+dnsdist at powerdns.com
Thu Apr 21 11:13:01 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

We are pleased to announce the release of the final 1.0.0 of dnsdist.

Together with this release, Bert Hubert is presenting at UKNOF34 about
dnsdist 1.0.0, you can download the presentation here:
https://tinyurl.com/ukdnsdist

There have not been a lot of changes since 1.0.0-beta1, which is a good
thing:

Improvements
    #3700: Create user from the RPM package to drop privs
    #3712: Make check should run testrunner
    #3713: Remove contrib/dnsdist.service (Ruben Kerkhof)
    #3722: Use LT_INIT and disable static objects (Ruben Kerkhof)
    #3724: Include PDNS_CHECK_OS in configure (Christian Hofstaedtler)
    #3728: Document libedit Ctrl-R workaround for CentOS 6
    #3730: Make `topBandwidth()` behave like other top* functions
    #3731: Clarify a bit the documentation of load-balancing policies

Bug fixes
    #3711: Building rpm needs systemd headers (Ruben Kerkhof)
    #3736: Add missing Lua binding for NetmaskGroupRule()
    #3739: Drop privileges after daemonizing and writing our pid

A more complete changelog can be found at
http://dnsdist.org/changelog/#dnsdist-100 and the current
documentation at http://dnsdist.org/README/.

Release tarballs are available here:
https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/

We also provide packages for several distributions (Debian, Ubuntu,
CentOS) from our repositories:
https://repo.powerdns.com/