[dnsdist] dnsdist 1.0.0-beta1 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne+dnsdist at powerdns.com
Thu Apr 14 13:16:13 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

We are pleased to announce the release of the first beta version of
dnsdist, 1.0.0-beta1.
We intend to release the final 1.0.0 version on April 21st, just in time
for the UKNOF34 meeting.

In addition to several bug-fixes and improvements, a lot of new exciting
features have been added since alpha2:

- A per-pool packet cache
- Some actions do not stop the processing anymore when they match,
allowing more complex setups: Delay, Disable Validation, Log, MacAddr,
No Recurse and of course None
- The new RE2Rule() is available, using the RE2 regular expression
library to match queries, in addition to the existing POSIX-based
RegexRule()
- SpoofAction() now supports multiple A and AAAA records
- Remote logging of questions and answers via Protocol Buffer

A more complete changelog can be found at
http://dnsdist.org/changelog/#dnsdist-100-beta1 and the current
documentation at http://dnsdist.org/README/.

Release tarballs are available here:
https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/

Several packages are also available on our repository:
https://repo.powerdns.com/