[Pdns-users] can I control the time for a master check to be performed?

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 12:22:29 UTC 2006

Mark Watts <m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com> writes:

> I'd have thought that a notify would be sent as soon as the zone changes on
> the master? From experience with our Bind masters, this seems to be the case,
> and pdns picks up the new zone within a few seconds.

You've misunderstood my config. I'm using PDNS as a master and BIND as
a slave.

PDNS is using the pgsql backend. What's supposed to happen is that,
when the serial number on the domains table changes, PDNS detects it
and sends a notify to it the slaves of the domain. The way it works
out what the slaves are is not documented fully but I'd guess a good
start would be all the machines which are registered as NS in the
domain.

I've got PDNS to send a notify. But it takes about 3 minutes between
me changing the serial number on the record in the database and the
notify occuring.

In otherwords I want to speed up the time that pdns polls for serial
number changes.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs