[Pdns-users] Lack of Authority Section in answers.

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 23:30:28 UTC 2006

Is it just me or does PowerDNS not produce an "Authority Section" when
answering?

For example if I ask a BIND NS about a domain (schwer.us):

[augie at augnix ~]$ dig schwer.us @a.auth-ns.sonic.net +authority

I am going to get an Authority Section:

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
schwer.us.              7200    IN      NS      a.auth-ns.sonic.net.
schwer.us.              7200    IN      NS      b.auth-ns.sonic.net.
schwer.us.              7200    IN      NS      c.auth-ns.sonic.net.

But if I ask a PowerDNS NS I get good info, but no Authority Section at all.

Looking at old mailing list postings it looks like PowerDNS used to
provide an Authority Section, but now it no longer does; is this by
design?

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us