[dnsdist] greqp() output columns

Christoph cm at appliedprivacy.net
Mon Oct 2 17:17:04 UTC 2023

Hi Remi,

> I don't think we have a way to log only these, unfortunately :-/ If you
> have the dnsdist console set up, you can use grepq('1000ms') to look at
> all queries that took more than 1 second, which is usually indicative of
> a problem, or even grepq('2000ms'), as dnsdist records timeouts with a
> very high response time.

Thanks for this suggestion.

out of ~200 lines from the grepq('3000ms') output 184 lines end with
... T.O RD No Error. 0 answers

examples:
aPPLE.CoM. 	A     T.O       RD    No Error. 0 answers
fACeboOK.COm.   AAAA  T.O       RD    No Error. 0 answers

does "T.O" in the Lat. column stand for timeout?

best regards,
Christoph