[dnsdist] backend drops metrics for TCP

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon Oct 2 11:54:59 UTC 2023

Hi Christoph,

On 13/09/2023 07:30, Christoph via dnsdist wrote:
> I've switched back to using UDP.
> Is there an easy way to log queries that timeout (2s) - and not log any
> others? To investigate some examples further?

I don't think we have a way to log only these, unfortunately :-/ If you
have the dnsdist console set up, you can use grepq('1000ms') to look at
all queries that took more than 1 second, which is usually indicative of
a problem, or even grepq('2000ms'), as dnsdist records timeouts with a
very high response time.