[Powermail-users] Help with installation

LCA LCA at ozemail.com.au
Wed Aug 24 20:22:37 CEST 2005

Hello
I am very new to Linux (I am using Ubuntu), but would like to install PowerMail 1.7 using either qmail or Postfix as the SMTP server. As you are no doubt aware, the PowerMail installation documentation relates to version 1.4.

I am having some trouble with the installation of the program and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to walk me through it in its entirety, including if possible the integration of the SMTP server (e.g., qmail or Postfix). If you are aware of any bugs in version 1.7, I would also appreciate being advised.

I will do a fresh install of the 1.7 TAR file shortly, and will also (re)install the TAR files for qmail and Postfix, so hopefully things will be straightforward and I won't need to take up too much of your time.

If you do need to spend any significant time in assisting me, however, I would be happy to pay you - but please let me know in advance how much is likely to be involved.

Thankyou.
Harry.
Melbourne, Australia.