[Powermail-users] URGENT need help Qmail with Powermail

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at net4all.ch
Tue Nov 18 17:58:21 CET 2003

I have a fresh qmail install.

I have deleted /var/qmail/control/locals and
/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains. My /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts is
clear.

I have symlinks from /usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/sbin/sendmail to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail.

Now all my user receive mail via powermail. But they can't send autgoing message
(local or distant). I dont understand I have more than 250 domain on this server.

If you can help to found a solution. Thanks.

Best regards,

Dominique Feyer

Dominique Feyer writes:
> How can I configure sendmail to use the port 25 of powermail to store> their e-mail ?
Uninstall sendmail and install qmail.  It is more secure and (arguably)
easier to configure.

This site will walk you through the install:

www.lifewithqmail.com

Once installed, delete /var/qmail/control/locals and
/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains.  Create an empty
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts.  Mail should now work as expected.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/
dfeyer at net4all.ch