[Pdns-users] PowerDNS API rrset_name and rrset_type options

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Tue Jun 18 12:14:47 UTC 2024

Hello,

On Tue, 2024-06-18 at 09:48 +0000, Bill G via Pdns-users wrote:
> When I call the PowerDNS API on a subzone on /servers/{server_id}/zones/{zone_id} with the rrset_name and rrset_type options, it still returns all RRs. I would expect it to only return the RR that match the name and type. The other RRs that are returned don't have a content value, but they are still returned in the rrsets list.
>
> I call the API like this:
> curl -X GET -H "X-API-Key: 123456" "http://localhost/api/v1/servers/localhost/zones/dkim.example.com.?rrset_name=bounces1.dkim.example.com.&rrset_type=TXT"
>
> Is this expected behavior?

If the extra RRsets have comments, this is a known bug, tracked at
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/14045 which contains an
(unfinished) patch.

If it's something else, please show us what you are seeing. In fact, I'd
love to see what you're seeing in any case.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
PowerDNS.com B.V. - https://www.powerdns.com/