[Pdns-users] Any chance of an actual PowerDNS upgrade guide ?

Otto Moerbeek otto at drijf.net
Fri Jan 12 17:12:03 UTC 2024

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 05:01:18PM +0000, Laura Smith via Pdns-users wrote:

> Hi
>
> The release notes for PowerDNS Recursor 5.0.1 link to what is claimed to be an "upgrade guide", however the "guide" reads more like a version change log.
>
> Is there any chance we can actually be provided with an actual guide ?
>
> For example:
>
> I am on Debian, using the PowerDNS repo. Beyond the obvious of changing "bookworm-rec-49" to "bookworm-rec-50" in the sources file, what actual steps need to be taken ? For example, do I need to uninstall the old version first ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Laura

https://docs.powerdns.com/recursor/upgrade.html describes the changes
that are potentially disruptive. We try to keep it consise, it wil
never answer every potenial sysadmin question.

But to answer your question: you do not need to de-install before
upgrading. It that would have been the case, we would have mentioned
it in the upgrade guide.

	-Otto