[Pdns-users] Systemctl Daemon Problem After each pdns upgrade

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 12:21:23 UTC 2023

Hi,

That is because the files inside of  /lib/systemd/system/ should not
be changed directly (for the dpkg package management, it is not a
configuration file per si) and like Kebin mentioned before, you need
to override the parameters that you want using "systemctl edit pdns",
which will create a override file inside of the directory
/etc/systemd/system/ and will be preserved on the upgrades.

Note: The only place on the documentation that I found some mention
about theses are here:
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/running.html#logging-to-syslog-on-systemd-based-operating-systems
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/performance.html#caches-memory-allocations-glibc
Maybe, we should include a paragraph dedicated to it (I know, it is a
systemctl setting, but it should help to clarify a bit).

PS: Reply to all next time.

Salu2

On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 10:21, IHI IHI <everything.ihi at gmail.com> wrote:

> why doesn't it ask about preserving my current daemon setting ,the same as configuration behavior??
>
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 10:03 AM IHI IHI <everything.ihi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1-editing the new source address and names or keys through repo.powerdns.com for debian.
>> 2-apt update && apt upgrade -y in debian 11 or bookworm.
>> 3- select "N" when it asks about preserving my current config or not.
>> At the end, everything is ok, pdns works with my previous configuration, but my Tuning parameters in /lib/systemd/system/pdns-recursor.service changed!!
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 12:05 AM Victor Hugo dos Santos <listas.vhs at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> How are you making the upgrades ??
>>>
>>> Salu2