[Pdns-users] IXFR with PowerDNS

Otto Moerbeek otto at drijf.net
Tue Sep 12 06:17:46 UTC 2023

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 11:44:57AM +0200, Thomas Mieslinger via Pdns-users wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I switched an Active Directory Zone to IXFR instead of AXFR.
>
> When doing AXFR all records have "auth=1" in the MySQL Backend.
>
> When doing IXFR the individually updated records get "auth=0" including
> the SOA record. Consequently the zone is not served anymore by PowerDNS.
>
> What can I change to IXFRs write the records with "auth=1" to the database?
>
> Thanks Thomas

There are basic regression tests for IXFR that check the resulting
records are served by auth correctly, so we have to find out why auth
becomes 0 in your case. On thing that can make a difference is DNSSEC,
since signed zones have different handling of the auth field in the
DB.

So we need full information: config, zone details, logs, with captures
of the incoming IXFR and the database content before and after the IXFR.

It's probably more convenient to create a github issue with all the
information.

	-Otto