[Pdns-users] CPU Usage Regression in Recursor 4.9.1?

Christoph cm at appliedprivacy.net
Mon Sep 4 08:30:38 UTC 2023

> Thanks, recursor is now running with aggressive-nsec-cache-size=0
> and I'll report my findings after a few days.

Already after less than a day I can say that this setting mitigates
the problem, thank you very much!
The CPU usage is significantly lower and stopped growing after 12 hours
at a lower level than without the setting. Also the drop rate is back to
an usual level.

'Timeout while waiting for the health check response from backend'
event counts also got reduced drastically:

    4529 2023-09-03
      65 2023-09-04 (10hours only)

Is this related to this 4.9.1 changelog entry?
> Replace data in the aggressive cache if new data becomes available.

best regards,
Christoph