[Pdns-users] Problem with master and slave config

Frank @ kiwazo.be frank+pdns at tembo.be
Tue Oct 17 15:13:53 UTC 2023

Ah, if you want automatic replication of unknown domains, you'll need one of two options:

- AutoPrimary:  https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/modes-of-operation.html#supermaster-operation where you tell your replica you trust certain IPs to send you NOTIFYs for domains you don't know yet.

- https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/catalog.html Catalogue zones, where you add a zone to a catalogue, and the replicas of that catalogue will automatically add it.

Hope this helps!

Frank

Frank Louwers