[Pdns-users] Problem with master and slave config

Andres Alejandro Dobie andres.dobie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 17:09:12 UTC 2023

Hi all, and sorry for my english. Its not my mother language.

I have 2 PDNS servers, master and slave

PDNS Master - 192.168.0.200 - ns1.example.com
PDNS Slave - 192.168.0.201 - ns2.example.com

both with PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.8.1

My master config:

allow-axfr-ips=192.168.0.201
allow-dnsupdate-from=127.0.0.0/8,::1
allow-notify-from=0.0.0.0/0,::/0

default-soa-content=ns1.example.com. sysadmin.example.com. 2023101402 21600
3600 1209600 21600
disable-axfr=no
disable-syslog=no
#include-dir=/etc/powerdns/pdns.d

launch=gmysql
gmysql-host=localhost
gmysql-user=pdnsadmin
gmysql-password=Superlogico*96
gmysql-dbname=pdns

log-dns-queries=yes
log-timestamp=yes
loglevel=5
master=yes
primary=yes
query-logging=yes
also-notify=192.168.0.201

My slave config:

disable-syslog=no
#include-dir=/etc/powerdns/pdns.d

#nuevo
allow-notify-from=192.168.0.200

setgid=pdns
setuid=pdns

#nuevo
local-address=192.168.0.201
local-port=53
query-local-address=192.168.0.201
server-id=ns2.example.com

launch=gmysql

gmysql-host=localhost
gmysql-user=pdnsadmin
gmysql-password=Superlogico*96
gmysql-dbname=pdns

log-dns-queries=yes
log-timestamp=yes
query-logging=yes
#nuevo
master=no
superslave=yes
#slave=yes
slave-cycle-interval=2
autosecondary=yes

I do the follow, crate zone in master and add some records:

pdnsutil create-zone testing.dev

pdnsutil add-record testing.dev @ NS ns1.example.com
pdnsutil add-record testing.dev @ NS ns2.example.com

after that...

pdnsutil increase-serial testing.dev

At this point I suposse the slave srv comunicate with master and replicate
de zones but Nothing happens... at least not automatically...

If I do in master:

pdns_control notify testing.dev

Master send and comunicate with slave and replicate de zones correctly

Master:
pdns_control list-zones
testing.dev.

Slave:
pdns_control list-zones
testing.dev.

But it does not do it automatically, I must carry out this process by hand
knowing the area in advance. How can I carry out this process
independently? Is there something wrong with my Master/Slave configuration?

Thank you very much in advance for your appreciated help.