[Pdns-users] remote backend

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Wed Nov 29 08:00:35 UTC 2023

On 29/11/2023 00:07, Alexis Fidalgo via Pdns-users wrote:
> I think i found why this is not working, as you can see below, socket
> is connected and first message is sent (the initialize message), which
> is answered and the response is read ({“result”: true}).
>
> Problem is (and i’ve testing with golang and python) after the answer
> the “initialize” message, the socket is closed,

By whom - by PowerDNS, or by your remote backend application code? I
think it's the latter, and if so, the problem is at your side, not PowerDNS.

It would be extremely inefficient for PowerDNS to open a new connection
for every message and close it immediately afterwards. That would be
like HTTP without keepalive.  And it would make no sense to send an
"initialize" message to setup a connection, only to drop the connection
immediately afterwards.