[Pdns-users] Share DNS-Records between two zones/views (internal & external)

Kevin P. Fleming lists.pdns-users at kevin.km6g.us
Wed Nov 15 17:17:41 UTC 2023

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023, at 12:11, Sebastian Neumann wrote:
> 3. Install a Response Policy Zone (RPZ) in the recursor to *override* the results provided by the auth for queries from internal clients
>
> Thanks a lot for that hint, I will look into that.
> I guess you are talking about this bit here? https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/lua-config/index.html

No, this section in particular: https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/lua-config/rpz.html

The rules for how to handle responses are encoded into DNS records, not written in LUA, and most importantly there is no method to get a response from another server. You either allow the response from the (sole) 'external' auth server to flow through, or you override it directly in the recursor.