[Pdns-users] Recursor Container Issue

Blue Thunder Somogyi bluethunder.somogyi at sealstorage.io
Mon Mar 20 16:34:27 UTC 2023

Hello,
When using the PowerDNS recursor container (
https://hub.docker.com/r/powerdns/pdns-recursor-48) if you mount a
configuration file directly under `/etc/powerdns/recursor.conf` in the
container, the recursor seems to hang and be non-responsive (no response
from API, nor from DNS queries).  I raise this because this behavior is
different from the Auth server (container), which has no issue with a
config file mounted under `/etc/powerdns/pdns.conf`.

Is this a known issue?  The workaround is to put the config under
`/etc/powerdns/recursor.d/` directory, but this is not documented, and I've
lost a non-trivial amount of my life figuring this out 😑

Thanks,
Blue

--

BLUE THUNDER SOMOGYI