[Pdns-users] Pdns-recursor and dnsdist on same machine

Djerk Geurts djerk at maizymoo.com
Mon Jun 19 17:41:17 UTC 2023

I’ve noticed that using "proxy-protocol-from” in the pdns-recursor, a simple query from that source no longer works. So if I set pdns-recursor to 127.0.53.53 and dnsdist to the network IP address of the host then on this host I can’t query pdns-recursor on 127.0.53.53 as the host command doesn’t permit specifying a source address. This doesn’t affect operation of either recursor or dnsdist, but at times it’s helpful to be able to query the recursor directly and when using a loopback this becomes tricky?

What tactics have others used to mitigate this?

- Add another listing address to pdns-recursor?
- Some config I’ve not found yet?
- Something else?

--
Djerk