[Pdns-users] Catalog zone secondaries and notifies

Wilhelm Wijkander lists at 0x5e.se
Mon Jun 12 23:03:00 UTC 2023

Hello,

I would like to run an authoritative primary server potentially
serving multiple catalog producer zones to different sets of secondary
servers. In order to get NOTIFY to work, as I understand it I can
either

- specify all nameservers for all catz under `also-notify` meaning
that secondaries would get all notifies, including for zones they are
not authoritative for, or
- specify the secondaries in the NS records in the catz instead of
"invalid" which seems to work and avoids the irrelevant notifies, but
goes against the recommendation in
`draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-09`(my current approach).

Not sure what the right thing to do is here?

Cheers,
Wilhelm