[Pdns-users] listen on net iface
b.candler at pobox.com
Fri Jul 28 09:44:24 UTC 2023
On 28/07/2023 10:07, Klaus Darilion via Pdns-users wrote:
> PS: This sound like you want to run PDNS in an active-standby HA-setup with a "hot" standby
If it were me, I'd have a pair of dnsdist instances (with the floating
IP moving between those), which in turn point to the real servers behind.
This has a number of advantages:
- active-active operation (load-sharing)
- can scale to more than 2 back-end servers
- actively sends test DNS queries to each backend every second, and
takes unresponsive ones out of the pool
- provides lots of metrics <https://dnsdist.org/statistics.html>
- binding to an interface name instead of IP is apparently supported
/On recent Linux versions specifying the interface via
the//|interface|//parameter should work as well./
The issues Klaus raised around master/slave operation still require care
of course. If you're using native mode with SQL-level replication,
things may be simpler.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pdns-users