[Pdns-users] Creating a www CNAME in powerDNS Admin (mysql backend) automatically pointing to @

Andrea Biancalani a.biancalani at conmet.it
Mon Jan 23 12:30:19 UTC 2023

Seems pretty clear now.

I'm not interested into making redirect visible in public queries, so I
suppose I'll go for the most standard one

> @ SOA ...
> @ NS ...
> @ MX ...
> @ ALIAS /*webhost.servername.tld.*//**/
> www A 192.0.2.1
> www AAAA 2001:db8::1

considering that this dns server is authoritative for
/*webhost.servername.tld*/ it seems the simplest way to achieve my goal
to standardize a template for any new domain with same structure.

Many thanks for your time Brian, very appreciated!

Andrea