[Pdns-users] Issue DNS updates from DHCPd to PowerDNS, configured with LDAP backend?

HiSNick pwrdns-user at proton.me
Fri Feb 10 14:52:50 UTC 2023

Thanks for the answer, Jan-Piet.

06.02.2023, 20:43, "Jan-Piet Mens via Pdns-users" <pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com>:

>     I want to make DNS-DHCP-LDAP services to be tied together.
>     Is it able to be achieved with PowerDNS?
>

> There's not much information contained in your question, and I am going to make
> the mistake of assuming: if your DHCP leases are to be registered in a PowerDNS
> LDAP backend, I don't think the latter supports RFC 2136.

Yes, all I want to know if PowerDNS's LDAP backend is able to write records, received with RFC_2136 DDNS-update, to LDAP-server's DIT?
At this page (https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/dnsupdate.html) I can't see it in the list of supported backends.

How much work needed to modify LDAP-backend to support this feature?

Are there any open-source DNS-server with LDAP backend which is able to make such updates to the DIT?

>         -JP

-VaSerNik