[Pdns-users] pdnsutil test-schema with gmysql-dnssec=no fails

Andreas Markwirth A.Markwirth at mittwald.de
Tue Aug 29 11:44:59 UTC 2023

Hi,

I may have found some unexpected behaviour.

Program: pdnsutil test-schema
Version: PDNS Auth 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 with gmysql on Ubuntu Bionic, sources: git, ubuntu-repo
Settings: gmysql-dnssec=no
Obeserved behaviour: pdnsutil test-schema aborts on failed underscore-ordering-test
Expected bahaviour: pdnsutil test-schema should either succeed on the test or skip the test, then continue and run the remaining tests.

"pdnsutil test-schema", specifically the "Checking underscore ordering"-test, fails on our setup and pdnsutil then aborts.
I can reproduce this and the expected behaviour in a VM with Ubuntu Bionic and powerdns 4.5, 4.6 & 4.7 compiled from git.
When running with gmysql-dnssec=yes, the ordername-field of the zone is set to "" for the SOA record and to "_underscore" for the A record and the test succeeds.
With gmysql-dnssec=no, ordername is "NULL" for both records and the test fails.

Is this a bug in pdnsutil?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Andreas Markwirth
Systementwickler | Infrastruktur
_____

Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 4-6
32339 Espelkamp

Tel.: 05772 / 293-100
Fax: 05772 / 293-333

a.markwirth at mittwald.de
https://www.mittwald.de

Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer, Florian Jürgens

USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen

Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung im Rahmen unserer Geschäftstätigkeit
gemäß Art. 13-14 DSGVO sind unter www.mittwald.de/ds abrufbar.