[Pdns-users] Strange behaviour with ALIAS/CNAME records

Andrea Biancalani a.biancalani at conmet.it
Mon Apr 17 14:14:26 UTC 2023

Il 17/04/2023 16:08, Brian Candler ha scritto:
> On 17/04/2023 14:56, Andrea Biancalani wrote:
>> Using the PowerDNS-admin GUI from github
>>
>> https://github.com/PowerDNS-Admin/PowerDNS-Admin
>
> In that case, I'd suggest your best starting point is to raise your
> problem as an issue with that project, since that's what you're
> actually interacting with.
>
> I don't use PowerDNS-Admin, and I cannot see from the project's
> minimal documentation
> <https://github.com/PowerDNS-Admin/PowerDNS-Admin/tree/master/docs/wiki>
> even how you configure it to connect to PowerDNS (although I can see
> it has a SQL database for its own state).
>
> If it uses the PDNS HTTP API
> <https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/http-api/index.html#working-with-the-api>,
> and you can reproduce the problem using direct API calls independently
> of PowerDNS-Admin (e.g. using curl), at that point it may be
> appropriate to raise it as a PDNS issue.

Understood, so the issue is probably co-related to frontend, and not a
pdns-server problem. If replicating my example with direct SQL
statements nor API requests land to different results (cannot handle
that, that is why I'm using a GUI) I'm confident you're right about
pointing to a ticket raise on github.

Thanks for coop Brian!