[Pdns-users] PDNS recursor cache sync

Djerk Geurts djerk at maizymoo.com
Sat Sep 17 19:57:54 UTC 2022

That may be true for a SOHO environment. But for a corporate network with numerous firewalls, my option is that firewalls should be firewalls. Tagging core services into a security appliance is not the right solution for DNS servers that manage to cache different results.

I like Otto's suggestion of dnsdist. As it puts the onus on the design of the DNS servers to ensure that all clients end up resolving the same records.