[Pdns-users] First release candidate for PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.7.0
Peter van Dijk
peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Mon Oct 3 13:19:09 UTC 2022
This is the first release candidate for Authoritative Server 4.7.0. We hope it will also be the last :-)
4.7.0 brings support for Catalog Zones, developed by Kees
Monshouwer. As part of that development, the freshness checks in the
Primary code were reworked, reducing them from doing potentially
thousands of SQL queries (if you have thousands of domains) to only a
few. Installations with lots of domains will benefit greatly from this,
even without using catalog zones.
4.7.0 also brings back GSS-TSIG support, previously removed for quality
reasons, now reworked with many stability improvements.
Other things of note:
* LUA records, when queried over TCP, can now re-use a Lua state,
giving a serious performance boost.
* lmdbbackend databases now get a UUID assigned, making it easy for
external software to spot if a database was completely replaced
* lmdbbackend databases now optionally use random IDs for objects
* a new LUA function called ifurlextup, and improvements in other LUA
* autoprimary management in pdnsutil and the HTTP API
* in beta, a key roller daemon, currently not packaged
A full list of changes can be found in the changelog.
Please make sure to read the Upgrade Notes before upgrading.
The tarball (signature) is available
at downloads.powerdns.com. Packages for various distributions are
available from repo.powerdns.com.
Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via
the mailing list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 914 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Pdns-users