[Pdns-users] Pdns master notify lag

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Nov 30 23:32:06 UTC 2022

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 10:47 lovi via Pdns-users <
pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ive setup a pdns lab with 1 pdn/pgsql/master and a slave/named config.
>
> When I update a record pdns logs show that it takes about 40s before Ive
> 1 domain for which we are master needs notifications
> And transfert start and succed.
>
> If I update record and do a  pdns_control notify myzone with no wait : the
> named slave is notified and transfert is done with no time.
>
> Do I miss something ? Or should I send notify after every updates ?

See
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/settings.html#setting-xfr-cycle-interval
or the older slave-cycle-interval

That said I wouldn’t expect even at one minute things to always work
because of caches, you really can not rely on DNS updates being super quick.

> Thanks your help,

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler