[Pdns-users] Increased CPU usage after upgrade to MariaDB 10.6.11

abang at t-ipnet.net abang at t-ipnet.net
Sat Nov 26 22:51:39 UTC 2022

Hi,

We recently had a similar problem when we updated from 10.5.12 to 10.6.10.

The cause was that the default behavior changed from

innodb_flush_method = fsync

innodb_flush_method = O_DIREC

Which means, no kernel file caching.

If you have a too small

innodb_buffer_pool_size

in this case, there is a lot of disk I/O and thus a lot of CPU wait time.

Setting

innodb_buffer_pool_size = 8G

helped in our case.

Winfried