[Pdns-users] Increased CPU usage after upgrade to MariaDB 10.6.11

William Edwards wedwards at cyberfusion.nl
Sat Nov 26 19:33:21 UTC 2022

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Mieslinger via Pdns-users schreef op 2022-11-26 16:21:
> 10.6.11 is even worse than 10.6.10.

I've not had any problems before 10.6.11.

Are you saying that you have?

> We went back to 10.6.10 because System Load went to 120+...

Did you debug this before downgrading?

> We've
> automated restarting MariaDB after coredump.

Are you saying that MariaDB is crashing for some reason? Or do you mean
it's terminated because of a lack of system resources?

> If we could, we would go back to 10.5

You could, of course, dump your database and import it into a clean
10.5.x instance.

> Am 26.11.22 um 14:45 schrieb William Edwards via Pdns-users:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are people on this mailing list seeing increased CPU usage when using
>> MariaDB 10.6.11 with PowerDNS 4.5.4?
>>
>> Context:
>>
>> I use PowerDNS with the gmysql backend. Last Wednesday, I upgraded
>> MariaDB 10.6.10 to 10.6.11 on 8 machines running PowerDNS. Since then,
>> MySQL's average CPU usage has increased from 2,5% to 55%. This happens
>> on all upgraded machines. However, this issue does not occur on
>> machines
>> running MariaDB 10.6.11 without PowerDNS. PowerDNS itself was not
>> upgraded.
>>
>> I am aware that this issue is (most likely) not caused by PowerDNS. I
>> am
>> therefore only wondering whether others have seen the same behaviour.
>> If
>> so, that would save me some debugging time.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> William Edwards

With kind regards,

William Edwards