[Pdns-users] What are the differences between PowerDNS Authoritative Server and Recursor?

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming tdtemccnp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:13:43 UTC 2022

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 at 23:00, Kevin P. Fleming via Pdns-users
<pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2022, at 06:46, Raghvendra Choudhary via Pdns-users wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> I installed the powerDNS server and PowerDNS admin in container and it works fine. I also added the domain through the UI.
>

> Now i want to know how to resolve the DNS that present in the backend of the powerDNS.
>

> As has been noted previously on this list, your questions are generally about basic DNS knowledge and operation, and not related to the PowerDNS software. Please consider taking some time to learn how DNS itself works, so that you will have an understanding of how all of the pieces interact.
>
> A simple and inexpensive option is this zine, which is an excellent introduction to DNS: https://wizardzines.com/zines/dns/

I believe PowerDNS uses SQL database as backend while BIND DNS server
doesn't use SQL database as a backend.

So I think Raghavendra is asking a relevant question regarding PowerDNS.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore