[Pdns-users] control socket name in virtual instance

Mariano Absatz - el Baby pdns-baby at spm.ybab.net
Fri Jan 21 18:20:45 UTC 2022

Well, I'm replying to my own message 'cause gmail decided to
intermittently block my forwarding mail server: I missed both Mark
Moseley's and Thomas Mieslinger's replies and had to read them in the
archive.

Thank you both for answering, however, none of the recommendations worked.

I think there _might_ be a bug or at least an inconsistency between
pdns_server and pdns_control.

There is no (documented at least) way to control the socket *name*,
either in pdns.conf, the command line arguments of pdns_server or the
command line arguments of pdns_control.

pdns_server _always_ assumes the socket name is
*pdns-INSTANCE_NAME.controlsocket* and pdns_control _always_ assumes the
socket name is *pdns.controlsocket*.

--
Mariano Absatz - el Baby
www.clueless.com.ar