[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor Performance and Tuning

Hamed Haghshenas haghshenas at chavoosh.com
Sun Jan 16 06:09:01 UTC 2022

Hello Dears,

I install PowerDNS Recursor 4.6.0 on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009. and
configure it as bellow for Iran IP address. I want use it in my ISP
environment for large scale and lots of DNS requests.

My Server have 4 core 2.6 Ghz (x64) and 8GB Ram (KVM Virtualization), I can
apply more cpu or ram.

Could you please help me that is my configuration correct? How many
distributor-threads and threads should I use? (same as number of cpu cores
or more).

Need something to change, or any kernel optimization ?

allow-from-file=/etc/pdns-recursor/IP-Iran-List.txt

setuid=pdns-recursor

setgid=pdns-recursor

local-address=127.0.0.1 172.16.1.186

any-to-tcp=yes