[Pdns-users] PowerDNS with LDAP backend / TFTP-Server for PXE boot

Stefan Harbich stefan.harbich at harnet.de
Thu Jan 13 19:00:01 UTC 2022

Hi there,
I have set up a PowerDNS server with an LDAP backend. I would like to
install a TFTP server and wanted to ask if I can set up the following
in the PowerDNS LDAP backend?
When configuring your DHCP server you will need to add the ‘next-
server’ directive to your DHCP configuration file, this directive
should have the IP address of your TFTP server i.e. (next-server
192.168.0.1;). The second directive that needs to be added to your DHCP
configuration file is ‘filename’ and it should have the value of
‘pxelinux.0’ i.e. (filename “pxelinux.0”;) this will enable PXE
booting.

The TFTP server should be an atftpd server service and not administer
any DHCP addresses.

Greetings from Stefan Harbich