[Pdns-users] Reloading metadata with bind-backend & sqlite

Chris Hofstaedtler | Deduktiva chris.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Sat Dec 17 11:07:17 UTC 2022

Hello Thibauld,

* Thib D via Pdns-users <pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com> [221216 14:19]:
> On bind / sqlite systems there is currently no way to reload metadata and
> cryptokeys provided through a read only sqlite3 database, correct ?
>
> pdns_control commands like bind-reload-now / bind-add-zone / reload do not
> seem to fetch content from the sqlite database.
>
> Is there something I am missing or reloading metadata in this case is only
> possible by restarting the pdns process ?

>From my understanding, these things are not cached. It should work
similar to a "normal" gsql setup: cryptokeys, metadata, ... are
loaded on-access, and thus become effective immediately.

If you see something else, please clarify your setup and what
behavior you are seeing.

Chris

--
Chris Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707